• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

My screen has converted to last page of document as a 'view' ...

New Here ,
Jul 06, 2020 Jul 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am 80% through my document creation. New to In Design with a CS5.5 version already installed.... my cursor stopped creating text boxes.... will just draw a box with dotted lines that immediately dissppears. THEN it converted my screen to a 'view' screen.... no panels or other works...and a hand cursor... HELP!

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 06, 2020 Jul 06, 2020

The Tab will hide and show the interface. Try pressing Tab and see if the panels come back. You can also reset the workspace using Window > Workspace > Reset XXX where XXX matches your preferred workspace name. If you are simply in a full screen view, click in the margin, outside of all frames and tap the letter W.

What operating system are you using, exactly? CS5 is not supported on modern operating systems, so you may be running into some trouble trying to run it on Windows 10 or recent Mac op

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Tab will hide and show the interface. Try pressing Tab and see if the panels come back. You can also reset the workspace using Window > Workspace > Reset XXX where XXX matches your preferred workspace name. If you are simply in a full screen view, click in the margin, outside of all frames and tap the letter W.

What operating system are you using, exactly? CS5 is not supported on modern operating systems, so you may be running into some trouble trying to run it on Windows 10 or recent Mac operating systems. 

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I agree with Barb, your version of InDesign is nearly 10 years old -- you should definitely consider upgrading to InDesign 2019/2020, assuming you have the correct system spec.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines