• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

My shadows keep shifting

Contributor ,
Jan 12, 2021 Jan 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I keep having some simple shadows wander off on me.

I have a documemnt with many images that all have the same drop shadow, all set by the same Object style.

Every now and then I find one has shifted massivesly to the left. If I open effects, and click "ok" it goes instantly back to where it belongs (or even turn on preview and then cancel). 

I thought it just an screen drawing error, but they show when I "publish online" the same (but I 

It's making my document very unreliable, I have to check through everything carefully every time the client makes a change. 

The objects being shadowed are transparent tiffs and the shadows seem to want to snap to the bottom left of the picture boxes (if that helps).

Anyone eles having this? Seen it? Have any solutions?

Thanks!

TOPICS
Bug , Publish online

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That needs an edit, but the edit button seems to be off... 

"...More" is just an emptly shadowed box — errors within errors.

When I wrote "but I" I wandered off to check... meant to say that PDF's don't seem to show the same shadow error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FYI, here's what I see when I click on "...More":

temp.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Were you recently in a Transporter Room that was malfunctioning?

Mike Witherell

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lol. Feels like it sometimes. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And a new symptom: Even though in my current "publish online" document the shadows are all behaving, in some of the thumbnails they are showing as shifted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you experimented with trashing/resetting preferences and re-starting InDesign? 

https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign/resolve-slow-performance-and-unexpected-behavior-of-indesign...

Mike Witherell

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's a good idea. Now I just have to figure out where Adobe has hid them this time around... the obvious ...User/Library/Prefrences/Indesign2021... just leads to a "crash module" text file.

I'll keep looking.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 13, 2021 Jan 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Neal,

you said: "That needs an edit, but the edit button seems to be off..."

That's the case for every user in this forum. Except if you are ACP, MVP or STAFF.

( Or you have a moderator role, of course. )

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines