Highlighted

My text frames have a white background

New Here ,
Mar 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi There

I am a new user for indesign CC I have opened an old CS6 file in indesign CC and now my text frames have a solid white background? So when placed on top of a pic I cannot see the pic because of a white background text frame? How can I make the text frame transparent?

Hope someone can help

Cheers Pete

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

My text frames have a white background

New Here ,
Mar 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi There

I am a new user for indesign CC I have opened an old CS6 file in indesign CC and now my text frames have a solid white background? So when placed on top of a pic I cannot see the pic because of a white background text frame? How can I make the text frame transparent?

Hope someone can help

Cheers Pete

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Mar 21, 2017 0
New Here ,
Jun 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is your text frame filled with white color?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 29, 2017 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've put a white text frame on a blue background so you can see it change.

Select your text frame with the Black Arrow (Selection) tool. Open the Swatches panel (Window > Swatches). At the top left of the Swatches panel you can select the Fill (background) with the square icon. Below you can see it is filled with white (called Paper in InDesign):

InDesign CC007.png

Click on the None swatch (the one with the red slash). That will change it to No fill which is transparent:

InDesign CC008.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 29, 2017 0
Community Beginner ,
Nov 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem, BUT, my text box has a NONE fill. The type itself has white behind the type ONLY. You can see bits of the background around the type. Even when I copy/paste into a new text box. Any ideas?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 05, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe this? I do not know the original term in English.

Capture d’écran 2020-11-05 à 20.27.41.jpg

or paragraph rules

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 05, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Nov 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. I checked that as well. That was not the issue. I also checked to see if it was a Outer Glow Filter, but that also was not the case.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 05, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Nov 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2020-11-05 at 2.45.02 PM.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 05, 2020 0
Guide ,
Nov 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That looks like Paragraph Shading.

ss.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 05, 2020 0