• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Mysterious Document tag language in exported PDF files

New Here ,
Jan 20, 2021 Jan 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! This one issue is driving me nuts and I can't seem to find answer anywhere in the internet. This forum is my last resort. My issue is following.

When I export a certain document as a tagged PDF file the "Document" root tag in the PDF file always has language set to English despite the language of the actual document. I have tried mapping character languages, paragraph languages and the language of the whole document in the export view of the InDesign but the issue persists. This causes document content to be read incorrectly with the NVDA screen reader unless I manually set language of every paragraph and this would be a lot of work in some documents. Of course it is also possible to use Acrobat to change the language of the Document tag afterwards but I would love to export as accessible documents as possible.

Even more mysteriously I have some documents that I have received from other sources and in them the language of the Document tag is mapped to Swedish instead of English while the actual document language is Finnish. So it seems that there is some way to affect what the Document tag language is set to.

Now I would like to know is there any way to force set the language of the root "Document" tag in PDF with InDesign. Where this information even comes from (not the export language, character language or paragraph language it seems)?

TOPICS
Bug , How to , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?