• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Native support for table formulas in InDesign

Community Beginner ,
Jul 03, 2020 Jul 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have found countless workarounds for scripts that support formulas in InDesign, but how is this not a native tool? 

TOPICS
Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 03, 2020 Jul 03, 2020

In truth, only a tiny fraction of InDesign users use formulas in their layouts. But if you want to request it, you should post your request it on the InDesign UserVoice website where product managers will see it, and people who also support it can vote:

https://indesign.uservoice.com

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In truth, only a tiny fraction of InDesign users use formulas in their layouts. But if you want to request it, you should post your request it on the InDesign UserVoice website where product managers will see it, and people who also support it can vote:

https://indesign.uservoice.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Steve,

I know a lot of designers who prefer to create their invoices in InDesign where this would simplify things dramatically. Not to mention pricing and sizing tables or anything where formulas would be useful.

Thanks for this advice! I went ahead and posted it in the provided link.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Invoices? What next?

Are you going to want InDesign to tie into your bank and credits to keep balances accurate?

Sorry for the snark but I will never in my life understand why an invoice needs to be pretty while basically having zero function at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 05, 2020 Jul 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think the thing is ... some of such functions could be pretty handy. Adding up columns. Copying value A to cell B. Multiply each value in column 3 by the value entered in cell C.

But there is no end to what additional "missing" functions would then get asked for, and we'd end up with a slow, huge, cumbersome clone of Excel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Calculs Raynaux is free: http://www.labdal.net/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines