Highlighted

Navigational TOC doesn't match page numbering in InDesign file (FXL ePub)

Community Beginner ,
May 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I export to a fixed layout ePub and open with iBooks, the page numbers in the Navigational TOC don't correspond with the book's page numbers, but begin page 1 not i. I have front matter that is set roman i–xiii, and then the first chapter (separate file) starts on page 1 (arabic). Is there any way to synchronize the Navigational TOC with the InDesign book page numbers? I cannot seem to find much information on how to make this happen anywhere online. Thanks in advance!

TOPICS
EPUB

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Navigational TOC doesn't match page numbering in InDesign file (FXL ePub)

Community Beginner ,
May 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I export to a fixed layout ePub and open with iBooks, the page numbers in the Navigational TOC don't correspond with the book's page numbers, but begin page 1 not i. I have front matter that is set roman i–xiii, and then the first chapter (separate file) starts on page 1 (arabic). Is there any way to synchronize the Navigational TOC with the InDesign book page numbers? I cannot seem to find much information on how to make this happen anywhere online. Thanks in advance!

TOPICS
EPUB

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
May 23, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
May 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I forgot to add I am using InDesign CC 15.0.3, High Sierra. I am using a Book file since I have all the chapters in separate InDesign files. Any help would be much appreciated. I know this is possible because I saw it in a free ePub sample I got from iBooks.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 24, 2020 0