Highlighted

Need help creating a Sports team schedule within InDesign using a data file

New Here ,
Nov 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I'm looking to create Sports team schedule calendars within InDesign using a supplied data file from Excel. The data file would be setup per team and would contain game dates, game times, opponents and locations of game. I can setup a table or a layout in InDesign and use Data Merge to assign dates, times, etc. to specific spots on the calendar, the problem that I'm running into is that I need a specific color assigned for the team home games text and date background box color. Team away games would need a specific color for team away games text and away games background box color. I see that I can use Paragraph/character styles along with Grep rules but I'm having trouble getting it to work properly on the text. I haven't been able to find anything for being able to add a specific color to a background date box. See my two attachments for a visual of the data file and a visual of one month of the final schedule. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

SAMPLE OF DATA FILE

Sample_Data_File.png

SAMPLE OF FINAL SCHEDULE

Sample_Final_Schedule_Month.png

  

TOPICS
How to, Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Need help creating a Sports team schedule within InDesign using a data file

New Here ,
Nov 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I'm looking to create Sports team schedule calendars within InDesign using a supplied data file from Excel. The data file would be setup per team and would contain game dates, game times, opponents and locations of game. I can setup a table or a layout in InDesign and use Data Merge to assign dates, times, etc. to specific spots on the calendar, the problem that I'm running into is that I need a specific color assigned for the team home games text and date background box color. Team away games would need a specific color for team away games text and away games background box color. I see that I can use Paragraph/character styles along with Grep rules but I'm having trouble getting it to work properly on the text. I haven't been able to find anything for being able to add a specific color to a background date box. See my two attachments for a visual of the data file and a visual of one month of the final schedule. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

SAMPLE OF DATA FILE

Sample_Data_File.png

SAMPLE OF FINAL SCHEDULE

Sample_Final_Schedule_Month.png

  

TOPICS
How to, Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 06, 2020 0

Have something to add?