• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Need help creating EPUB TOC in doc with no titles on pages

Community Beginner ,
May 01, 2020 May 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to create an ebook with a TOC for a book that doesn't have actual titles on most of the pages. I know that I can create the TOC using a hidden layer, but I can't export to EPUB with the linked copy hidden. That just causes an error and then the TOC in the ereader app doesn't link properly.

I tried adding titles to those pages that are missing them and making the titles invisible (no fill color), but that doesn't work. The invisible copy still shows up in the ebook.

So I'm at a loss. How do I link the TOC to the appropriate pages without having the actual titles on those pages to link to? Is it even possible?

Thanks!

TOPICS
EPUB , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Beginner , May 01, 2020 May 01, 2020

I think I found a work-around by creating the TOC manually and using hyperlinks to text anchors that I also create manually. Problem most likely solved!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , May 02, 2020 May 02, 2020

Create bookmarks, they are found in the exported EPUB as TOC entries.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
May 01, 2020 May 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I found a work-around by creating the TOC manually and using hyperlinks to text anchors that I also create manually. Problem most likely solved!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 02, 2020 May 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't tried this with EPUB export, but for PDF I've used non-printing boxes that barely touch the page.

David Creamer: Community Expert (ACI and ACE 1995-2023)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 02, 2020 May 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Create bookmarks, they are found in the exported EPUB as TOC entries.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 07, 2020 Aug 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Do you know how this is done when expoting an EPUB? There is no menu item to "create a bookmark". There is in the ToC styles menu to also create bookmarks for a ToC entry, that show up in a PDF, but no way to do this for something that doesn't have an entry. THAT's the question here. There is nothing in the Epub export dialog about bookmarks either thn I can see.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines