• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Need help deleting blocks.

Community Beginner ,
Feb 05, 2021 Feb 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I am currently working on a newsletter and am using a template sent to me by a client. There are these blue blocks throughout that would normally be an image, but I would like to replace this block. I am having trouble even being able to select them, let alone delete them.inDesign FAQS.png

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 05, 2021 Feb 05, 2021

Check the Layers panel. I'm guessing that the layer holding this content is locked. Look for a padlock icon to the left of the layer name and click it to unlock the layer.

For general reference...

• If the element were locked then you should see a padlock icon along the left edge of the graphic near the top. You would also see a padlock icon to the left of this element within the Layers panel.
  • If the element were on a Master Page then you should see a dotted line around the edge of the graphic.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check the Layers panel. I'm guessing that the layer holding this content is locked. Look for a padlock icon to the left of the layer name and click it to unlock the layer.

For general reference...

• If the element were locked then you should see a padlock icon along the left edge of the graphic near the top. You would also see a padlock icon to the left of this element within the Layers panel.
  • If the element were on a Master Page then you should see a dotted line around the edge of the graphic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 08, 2021 Feb 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! This worked!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Excellent. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Check if the blue blocks are on one of the Master pages.

Regards,

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mike, 

I checked the master pages and they are blank with nothing on them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I resolved it! It was a locked layer. Thank you for your help/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines