Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Need some files converted with PDF2ID

New Here ,
Sep 04, 2018 Sep 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Guys,

could someone convert 2 Files of mine from PDF to indd?

My Main fail is corrupt so i can't open it any more. If possible, please send the files to (personal/email contact not allowed in the forums) -- Moderator.

WeTransfer

thank you

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Sep 04, 2018 Sep 04, 2018

If you can't find someone to do the conversion for you, as an alternative you can send the corrupt file to Adobe support and they may be able to fix it for you.

A previous discussion here details the process: Corrupt InDesign file

(Either way, I hope you're able to get an editable file again. I've had InDesign docs go corrupt on big projects; it's a nightmare.)

Votes

Translate

Translate
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's a little like asking for someone's Netflix password. Most companies discourage this in their EULA, or nobody would buy the software. There is a trial version on Recosoft's website, so you might be able to do it yourself.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah i know, but i payed 500 bucks to safe my HDD and now InDesign says, that my documents are corrupt.

Only the PDFs are still "alive" but i can not edit them. Hopefully you can understand me better now

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understood you the first time, but you didn't pay Recosoft, but you are asking to benefit from their work without paying them. If that's OK with them, then that's between you two, but I'm just passing on info.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the trial is only for 4 pages and has a watermark. i Need 100 pages.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So buy it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 13, 2020 Apr 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As I read that you represent Recosoft I wonder if you can help me UNINSTALL the trial version so that I can install the standard version I have purchased, please?   When I look at the Control Panel options to uninstall this program does NOT appear on the list and therefore I am unable to remove it from my laptop and am stuck!!  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you can't find someone to do the conversion for you, as an alternative you can send the corrupt file to Adobe support and they may be able to fix it for you.

A previous discussion here details the process: Corrupt InDesign file

(Either way, I hope you're able to get an editable file again. I've had InDesign docs go corrupt on big projects; it's a nightmare.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

already did that - they told me, that they can't safe my documents 😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That sucks. As far as finding someone willing to convert the file for you, try the graphic design forum on Reddit. Explain your situation, be very polite, and you're likely to find at least one person who'll help out a fellow designer in a bind. Something crazy like this happens to all of us at one point or another in our careers, and I, at least, have found the design community on the web at large to be very helpful when real project emergencies strike.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Quite frankly, this is exactly why you should backup your systems on a regular basis. Many don't want to be bothered by the discipline of doing regular backups, but in this type of situation, they will readily save your tuchas. Even if you have a copy of the PDF to InDesign converters, all they supply is a starting point after which you have quite a bit of work to get the document into a usable and editable state.

- Dov

- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And a really laborious method is to open the PDF in Acrobat Pro and export it to Word (file / Save As / Word). Then bring the Word document into InDesign and lay it out again.

If your time is worth money, purchase the software from Recosoft. If you have all the time in the world, export the content from PDF.

|    Bevi Chagnon   |  Designer & Technologist for Accessible Documents
|    Classes & Books for Accessible InDesign, PDFs & MS Office |

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines