• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Need to delete primary layout but keep alternative layout

Advocate ,
Dec 02, 2018 Dec 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have created an alternative layouts document and done quite a lot of editing in the alternative layout. We no longer need both layouts, only the alternative layout I created. How to I keep the alternative layout and remove the primary layout? If I just delete the primary layout all the frames in the alternative layout come up as links missing. All I want now is a single layout document using the layout that was originally the alternative layout. How do I do this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 02, 2018 Dec 02, 2018

In the Links panel, select all of the linked stories and choose "Unlink" from the Pages panel menu. Now each layout is independent and you can delete the primary layout.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the Links panel, select all of the linked stories and choose "Unlink" from the Pages panel menu. Now each layout is independent and you can delete the primary layout.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Awesome. Thanks, that wasn't obvious. Now is there any way I can make that remaining "alternative layout" be not an "alternative layout"? Just an old-fashioned single layout document?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 03, 2018 Dec 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

dv8kiwi  wrote

Awesome. Thanks, that wasn't obvious. Now is there any way I can make that remaining "alternative layout" be not an "alternative layout"? Just an old-fashioned single layout document?

"Alternate Layout" is just a label if you have only one layout. Every document has it. Also a new one with one page.

You can rename an "Alternate Layout" if you like. You can change the view in the Pages panel not to show the label.

From my German InDesign CC 2019:

AlternateLayout-Renaming.png

Flyout menu of the Pages panel.

Show Pages > Horizontal or Veritcal or Alternate Layout

AlternateLayout-Showing.png

Regards,
Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Dec 03, 2018 Dec 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Got it. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines