• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Need Urgent Help with InDesign Guides

New Here ,
Dec 17, 2020 Dec 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you're reading this and know a thing about InDesign guides, I can really appreciate your help. I have an AM deadline for a project. 😞

I'm running Indesign 2021 (latest version) on Windows.

My issue: I can create guides on some pages, but not others. When I drag the guide, it doesn't stay/stick and isn't visible. The problem is only in my current document, everything else I open works normally. This was never an issue until today and I don't know what changed. I've (seemingly) tried everything like making sure guides are set to visible, setting guides to show at 5% or greater, playing with masters, etc..

Example:

-Page 1, I can drag and place guides normally.

-Page 2 I can drag the guide but it will disappear when I try to place it.

-If I duplicate page 2, somehow the guides work again on the duplicate.

I have no idea what setting or issue is causing the guides to work on some pages and not others.

Please help me.

Thanks!

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Dec 17, 2020 Dec 17, 2020

Save the document as an IDML document and rename. Hopefully, when you reopen it the corruption would have cleared.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Mentor , Dec 18, 2020 Dec 18, 2020

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Dec 17, 2020 Dec 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Save the document as an IDML document and rename. Hopefully, when you reopen it the corruption would have cleared.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Dec 18, 2020 Dec 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

https://creativepro.com/controlling-ruler-guide-visibility-with-view-threshold/

Remember, never say you can't do something in InDesign, it's always just a question of finding the right workaround to get the job done. © David Blatner

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines