• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Needing help with page layout

Explorer ,
Jul 21, 2021 Jul 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm doing a magazine, and  I am using a template from a previous designer. Can someone please tell me why I can't change the green bar to another color.  I tried to use the unlock feature, and it's not a locked asset.

What can I do, I am including a screenshot for purposes of explanation.  The green bar is what's going to be at the top of the magazine layout and there are several, it's like their stuck to the page and I cannot edit it. 

Any help would be appreiated EXAMPLE ONLY.PNG

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 21, 2021 Jul 21, 2021

Is the master page that is applied based on another master page? or are ALL the master pages without the bar?

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it on the master page? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

not on the master page

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is the master page that is applied based on another master page? or are ALL the master pages without the bar?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes RoaringMouse there were 8 master pages and I eventually found it, thank you. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The green bar is either:

• on a master page
  • on a locked layer
  • element is locked
  • anchored within a frame

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The green bar is either:

• on a master page
  • on a locked layer
  • element is locked
  • anchored within a frame

I looked for all these and I still can't figure out what it is, any other ideas? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thought I replied to this message but you were both right it was on the master pages.  Thank you so much for your help. And Text Screen Name. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One other thing, the folio looks rather high on the page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Once you figure out where the bar is, I would seriously consider your design a bit: Once these pages are trimmed, there's a very narrow band of green along the top and bottom. This will be impossible to trim straight and accurately, and it will vary from page to page in your printed book. This is physically unavoidable so don't get too upset when it happens.

If this is an existing publication, look at a previous issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know about the green bar,  I am trying to get rid of it and I can't figure it out. The white box is on top of other elements that I don't want to be seen. I appreciate your advice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @compartista:

Here are similar answers but with more detail on how to locate the issue. 

https://www.rockymountaintraining.com/adobe-indesign-i-cant-select-a-frame/

If this still doesn't help, please put the file on dropbox and add the link to a reply (public) or message me directly (private). You can delete confidential content first. All we need is the green bar.

~Barb 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines