Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Needing to enhance dpi for print ad

New Here ,
Dec 02, 2020 Dec 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I created an ad, but the add needs to be at 200 dpi for print. I have watched a few tutorials on how to adjust this, but can't seem to locate the Effects-Properties where it looks like you can change the dpi for the entire PDF. I see the effects icon, but no properties or details tab to adjust. When I print the ad and submit to the publication I have one image that is below 200 dpi.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Kelly

TOPICS
How to , Print

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

Community Expert , Dec 02, 2020 Dec 02, 2020

For the image less than 200 ppi, you have 2 options:

1. Ask the contributor of image whether a higher rez version exists, and if so, replace the low rez.

2. Open low rez image in Photoshop and increase resolution so effective resolution exceeds 200 ppi. Please note, option 2 does not improve image quality, it allows the file to pass through the publication's preflight requirements

Votes

Translate

Translate

If you do enlarge the image in Photoshop, apply a little unsharp mask afterwards to reduce the blurring effect of enlargement.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Is the resolution problem with the image or an applied effect like a drop shadow? Effects with gradations often export to a lower resolution because there are no details to resolve, and resolution rules-of-thumb don’t apply.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For the image less than 200 ppi, you have 2 options:

1. Ask the contributor of image whether a higher rez version exists, and if so, replace the low rez.

2. Open low rez image in Photoshop and increase resolution so effective resolution exceeds 200 ppi. Please note, option 2 does not improve image quality, it allows the file to pass through the publication's preflight requirements

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you do enlarge the image in Photoshop, apply a little unsharp mask afterwards to reduce the blurring effect of enlargement.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Is the resolution problem with the image or an applied effect like a drop shadow? Effects with gradations often export to a lower resolution because there are no details to resolve, and resolution rules-of-thumb don’t apply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines