• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Negative Lookbehind works in "GREP search" but not in "GREP style"

New Here ,
Feb 11, 2021 Feb 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello ! I love Indesign for its extended functionnalities but its quirks may sometimes drive me crazyish. I've looked for answers for a few hours now and I'd better take a rest.

I'd like to apply a GREP style to the first paragraph of a text only. I made this formula and it works fine in the GREP search tool

(?<!\r)^.+?$

However it does not work properly when I apply this formula to the GREP style "text" box.

Did I do something wrong ? Thanks !

TOPICS
Bug , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 16, 2021 Feb 16, 2021

GREP searches and GREP styles are similar but not the same. A GREP style works within a passage of type until it gets to the end of a line ($) and then starts again in the next line, but the GREP search is able to look at entire passages without being concerned about end of lines.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Feb 16, 2021 Feb 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

GREP searches and GREP styles are similar but not the same. A GREP style works within a passage of type until it gets to the end of a line ($) and then starts again in the next line, but the GREP search is able to look at entire passages without being concerned about end of lines.

If the answer wasn't in my post, perhaps it might be on my blog at colecandoo!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines