• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Nested files and URL links

New Here ,
Jun 21, 2021 Jun 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all. I'm making an email template for a client. There is one master/parent .indd file that contains 3 child .indd files. The child files all have hyperlinks/URLs contained. However, when I embed them into the parent file and export as a PDF (making sure to check hyperkinks under 'included') the hyperlinks are not working. Am I missing a step in the process, surley there is a way to do this?!

Thanks team! Sam.

TOPICS
Publish online

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Email template? What exactly do you intend to do with it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bob, good question. The goal for the client is an emailable PDF. Nothing more fancy than that!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sam,

this would only work if all the contents is set within one single InDesign document.

Not with placed and linked InDesign pages or placed and linked PDF files.

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh no, really! Gosh that is a bummer!

So, with that in mind, can you think of another way to work? My client wants 3 people to create content seperatly for the newletter, and the to be able to collate all 3 sets of content into one master docuemtn to be sent out with URLs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use the book feature. That's what it's for.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ahh ok, I see how this could work. The one issue is that my client wants their emailer to be one continueous PDF, so no page breaks. Can you use the book feature to build sections of a page?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No. You're going to need to see down with your team and come up with a plan.

You could try placing InDesign files, but I have never liked that workflow. YMMV, of course.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thought so! Thanks anyway!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines