• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

New 2020 update, endless beachball. Is it just me?

Enthusiast ,
Jun 23, 2020 Jun 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nearly each time I click something get a few seconds of beachball icon. Eventaully, program get one that never goes away even after 10 minutes. Had to force restart at least 5 time today trying to get work done. Anyone else or is it just me?

William Campbell
TOPICS
Bug , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It happens when two documents are open.

William Campbell

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mostly it happens with old douments, often converted from previous version or with the use of EPS files.
For the first problem save the file as IDML, open the IDML and save as new INDD file.

For the EPS problem, replace those files with PDF, if you use PDF use PDF/X-4 regardless what output is required.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 21, 2020 Dec 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've had this problem on my iMac for quite some time as well. I've tried all the suggested solutions from other threads, including clean re-installs, but none of them worked for me.

What does help for a while, at least for me, is disconnecting from the internet. No more beachball... It's as if Indesign is checking for something online and that process is stalling the program. It does seem to re-occur after a while though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines