Highlighted

New 2020 update, endless beachball. Is it just me?

Contributor ,
Jun 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nearly each time I click something get a few seconds of beachball icon. Eventaully, program get one that never goes away even after 10 minutes. Had to force restart at least 5 time today trying to get work done. Anyone else or is it just me?

William Campbell
Mars Premedia
TOPICS
Bug, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

New 2020 update, endless beachball. Is it just me?

Contributor ,
Jun 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nearly each time I click something get a few seconds of beachball icon. Eventaully, program get one that never goes away even after 10 minutes. Had to force restart at least 5 time today trying to get work done. Anyone else or is it just me?

William Campbell
Mars Premedia
TOPICS
Bug, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jun 23, 2020 0
Contributor ,
Jun 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It happens when two documents are open.

William Campbell
Mars Premedia

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 23, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Jun 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mostly it happens with old douments, often converted from previous version or with the use of EPS files.
For the first problem save the file as IDML, open the IDML and save as new INDD file.

For the EPS problem, replace those files with PDF, if you use PDF use PDF/X-4 regardless what output is required.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 23, 2020 0