Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

New hyperlink button grayed

Community Beginner ,
Feb 06, 2021 Feb 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

InDesign CS 4.

I am working on a large book with 20 chapters including front matters and index.  I am trying to add hyperlinks to pages from the index and TOC (manual). TOC is a part of the front matter indd. I can link pages in all chapters from the index, no problem. However, when trying to add links to pages from the front matters indd, I can do that to the pages within frontmatters.indd, but NOT to any other chapter in the book. The new hyperlink button at the bottom of the links panel is grayed  if a page selected is outside frontmatters.indd. So there is something different about frontmatters.indd as index.indd behaves as expected. I open all chapters from the indb.

Another questions: how can I add ‘blue’ to character color in character style panel?

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 06, 2021 Feb 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

InDesign is over 10 years old, it's surprising you have it running, which OS version do you have?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 08, 2021 Feb 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am running Win 7 pro 64. Just about to upgrade to Win 10.

It is realy weird that I can make hyperlinks to pages from one indd but not from another in the same indb. I have also noticed that the jump buttons in the hyperlink panel (bottom left) do not work as expected. I can jump to the target, but when there both buttons are gray and I cannot jump back to the source. Any idea?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines