• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Newest version InDesign problem

Explorer ,
May 18, 2021 May 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've downloaded the latest update for InDesign (16.2.1) and now every time I open a file (even if I've worked on it earlier in the day) to make changes and it says the file is damaged and needs to be recovered and "Save as" to replace the original file.  

Working macOS Big Sur 11.3.1.

Not sure anyone else is having this issue but it never has happened until now and it's very annoying because if I've made changes it doesn't save any of the new changes.

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This might help if you've been working on the same InDesign document for some time. Save it as an IDML document to clear out the crud that builds up, it should reduce the file size also.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks but these are mostly brand new documents.  It hasn't mattered if I've just created them or if I've been working on them for sometime.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Same thing, only i have Windows 10.  Crash on opening current files.  Will create new files.  Deleted PREFS file upon opening, and still crashes.  Thoughts?  Help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines