• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Next Pages Aren't Visible in Long Document and Text Thread not working

Community Beginner ,
Nov 21, 2020 Nov 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am working on a document approx 300 pages long. I have used InDesign for a couple of years and have always been able to scroll down the document through all the pages.  Now for the first time ever, I can't see the next pages, although all the pages can be seen in the pages panel.

The other problem I am having today for the first time is that text threading onto the next page isn't working where there is over-set text. I click on the red box as usual, go to the next empty page and go to place/thread the text, but nothing happens - the empty page is still empty.  I have never had either of these problems before, I have tried uninstalling and installing InDesign, have tried ctrl+shift+alt (am on Windows) but don't get the dialogue box coming up with the option to trash defaults/preferences...

I hope it is something obvious I have done, any ideas?

mandyb86008505_0-1605988876411.png

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Nov 28, 2020 Nov 28, 2020

Thank you forn yor reply, I tried everything and finally decided it was safer to start a new document! But how does a document even become corrupt?!  Fingers crossed for going forward.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I create a new 200 page document, all the pages seem to show up fine. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This sounds like an issue with either InDesign or the document. Based on your second post, it sounds like the file may be corrupt. Try working through the steps in this post—including saving the file as .idml, which can sometimes quickly clear up issues like this.

https://helpx.adobe.com/indesign/kb/troubleshoot-damaged-indesign-documents.html

~Barb 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 28, 2020 Nov 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you forn yor reply, I tried everything and finally decided it was safer to start a new document! But how does a document even become corrupt?!  Fingers crossed for going forward.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 28, 2020 Nov 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I don't really know why it happens, but can certainly confirm that it does! 

Glad you are back on track, 

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines