Highlighted

No .idlk functionality while working over Creative Cloud server

Community Beginner ,
Apr 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I discovered this bug the hard way after conducting a production entirely over CC instead of our local server. We lost hours of editing changes after we discovered that InCopy revisions were not being saved.  

I'm failing to see the value of Creative Cloud folders if it doesn't allow effective COLLABORATION without the risk of losing hard work. Creative Cloud was billed as the future for cloud based collaboration and can't believe that .idlk's (the most essential workflow feature between InDesign and InCopy) DO NOT WORK!!

The CC would be a perfect workflow environment if only (idlk) actually worked. I love that CC gives notifications when files are added or updated. It works great to have CC access during press checks. I can easily open the working files through my laptop and submit any revisions on the spot. I pains me to lose this functionality due to a small, but serious, shortcoming of the CC platform.

Posed this question to Indesign community and was directed to invest in a third party plugin. Seems like if this is something a third party can accomplish, Adobe should be able to fix.

Is there any way to alter the state of .idlk from hidden to visible? I'm seeing the hidden .idlk file on my end, but not on my collaborators side (who also has "show hidden files" active).

Topics

File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

No .idlk functionality while working over Creative Cloud server

Community Beginner ,
Apr 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I discovered this bug the hard way after conducting a production entirely over CC instead of our local server. We lost hours of editing changes after we discovered that InCopy revisions were not being saved.  

I'm failing to see the value of Creative Cloud folders if it doesn't allow effective COLLABORATION without the risk of losing hard work. Creative Cloud was billed as the future for cloud based collaboration and can't believe that .idlk's (the most essential workflow feature between InDesign and InCopy) DO NOT WORK!!

The CC would be a perfect workflow environment if only (idlk) actually worked. I love that CC gives notifications when files are added or updated. It works great to have CC access during press checks. I can easily open the working files through my laptop and submit any revisions on the spot. I pains me to lose this functionality due to a small, but serious, shortcoming of the CC platform.

Posed this question to Indesign community and was directed to invest in a third party plugin. Seems like if this is something a third party can accomplish, Adobe should be able to fix.

Is there any way to alter the state of .idlk from hidden to visible? I'm seeing the hidden .idlk file on my end, but not on my collaborators side (who also has "show hidden files" active).

Topics

File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Community Beginner ,
Jul 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sucks that no one every replies to these!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How did you resolve this?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have already opened up a discussion on this topic with responses on the same, please don't open years old thread. It's very unlikely that someone will respond to such an old thread.

-Manan

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines