Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

No "GPU" setting in my Indesign

New Here ,
Dec 09, 2020 Dec 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have a problem with my Indesign software: it does not display any settings regarding "GPU performance" in my "Preferences" panel. I don't know if my graphics card is unrecognized or if some file is missing in the software.
2020-12-09 11_53_03-Préférences.png
But in any case, it forces me to use only the "CPU", and prevents me from making animated zooms (Space + Ctrl + Click dragged), and to benefit from the best performances of my computer.

I want to point out that this problem is only encountered on Indesign: I can use my GPU on Illustrator and Photoshop, but not on Indesign.
And my graphics cards are also regularly updated (the one integrated in my processor, and the one that is separate from it).

Could you help me?

Thank you in advance

TOPICS
Bug , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 09, 2020 Dec 09, 2020

Are you in Windows or Mac? The GPU setting is Mac only.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you in Windows or Mac? The GPU setting is Mac only.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, i'm on a windows device

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is Mac Only.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And is there no way to use GPU or animated zoom on Indesign so?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 17, 2021 Jan 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. In addition to suggestions given above, I'd request you to check out this help article(https://helpx.adobe.com/in/indesign/using/gpu_performance.html) as well for more information about GPU Performance. 

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 23, 2023 Feb 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see that your reply is a year old but I just came across it.  He stated that he was on a Windows machine, not a Mac - this article does not help his situation, nor mine at this point.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 23, 2023 Feb 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So how does this not address your problem? Are you (1) on a Mac and (2) not seeing the GPU Acceleration option?

╟ Word & InDesign to Kindle & EPUB: a Guide to Pro Results (Amazon) ╢

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 24, 2023 Feb 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It most certainly does address it as do the answers here. It's a Mac-only feature.

I'm going to lock this discussion as it's been asked and answered multiple times.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines