• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

No Swiping Disabling Master Layer

New Here ,
Jun 12, 2021 Jun 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This idea has been floated many times, but no recently - and certainly after Folio went away.

I followed another tutorial on placing a new layer at the top of the master page, building a blank rectangle the same size as the screen, and making it a multi-state object.  Then checking the swiping boxes in the overlays panel for that mso.

It worked once or twice when I started, but now I can't seem to get the formula right.  When I export, it swipes.

Anyone have any suggestions or links to better threads for this topic.

I want no swiping or to control swiping by page so that I can create buttons to take viewers where I want them to go, rather than to each page in order.  I want this to work more like an app.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Matt

TOPICS
EPUB , Feature request , How to , Publish online

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the final output format?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

epub 3

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

epub 3

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You cannot make use of the overlays for EPUB. Anything that worked only did so by coincidence.

If you can give us a better idea of what you're tying ot accomplish maybe we can help, but please note that one of the major differences between DPS and EPUB is that you cannot stack interactive items on top of  each other in EPUB.

Finally, if you're really trying to get closer to DPS, I strongly recommend looking into in5.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, Great!  Thank you for the guidance.

With in5, am I able to create the interactive publication to work completely offline?

Sorry, I am incredibly new to this.

I built a hiking app using a no-code program which promised to work completely offline.

After the build, suddenly - internet was necessary.

Decided to go ebook.  My experience was in Illustrator, so I thought InDesign would be my cleanest transition.

I have static map/guide pages I built in Illustrator.  So I am looking to add interactive buttons to change from park to park, hike to hike.  Thanks again for the help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

https://ajarproductions.com

Here's a link to in5 training with their Academy: https://academy.ajarproductions.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines