Highlighted

Non-latin numbering in footnote reference

New Here ,
Aug 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I would like to display my footnote reference numbers (InDesign CS6 document) in non-latin numbers - the language is Odia/Oriya (India). I have set the appropriate Unicode font in the reference formatting box but the numbers appear in English only. The font contains both English and Oriya glyphs but ID just takes the English glyphs.

Is there any way to specify which glyphs to use (may be via Unicode encoding values)? Or any other solution?

If I just change the reference number (by selecting and typing in the Oriya number) the footnote disappears.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Nikhil

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Non-latin numbering in footnote reference

New Here ,
Aug 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I would like to display my footnote reference numbers (InDesign CS6 document) in non-latin numbers - the language is Odia/Oriya (India). I have set the appropriate Unicode font in the reference formatting box but the numbers appear in English only. The font contains both English and Oriya glyphs but ID just takes the English glyphs.

Is there any way to specify which glyphs to use (may be via Unicode encoding values)? Or any other solution?

If I just change the reference number (by selecting and typing in the Oriya number) the footnote disappears.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Nikhil

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 13, 2019 0
New Here ,
Jul 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @GrizzK,
I hope you have got your answers If you have, would you be able to help with my issue?
I'm using both Ps and Pr, where I trying to type in some text in "Odia",
So while typing some characters are working fine for some mixed characters(yuktakshar) are not working properly.

For example: 
କ +୍+ର -->କ୍ର
But in PS and Pr it is coming like below. even if I'm copying and pasting it into it it's converting to below.
କ ୍ର

Thanks,

Is there any way to fix it? Does Adobe support Odia language?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 09, 2020 0