Highlighted

Not able to copy hyperlink from one .indd file and paste into another .indd file?

Explorer ,
Feb 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I have a indesign document that contains a bunch of hyperlinks. I want to copy the hyperlinks into another indesign file, but it doesn't paste the URL, just the name. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for your help and time.

-Chris

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Geоrge | Adobe Community Professional

You try to import hyperlinks to nothing. ID can't understand your idea. Therefore - you can place all pages with needed hyperlinks to the end of your publication. 

TOPICS
Bug, How to, InCopy workflow

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Not able to copy hyperlink from one .indd file and paste into another .indd file?

Explorer ,
Feb 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I have a indesign document that contains a bunch of hyperlinks. I want to copy the hyperlinks into another indesign file, but it doesn't paste the URL, just the name. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for your help and time.

-Chris

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Geоrge | Adobe Community Professional

You try to import hyperlinks to nothing. ID can't understand your idea. Therefore - you can place all pages with needed hyperlinks to the end of your publication. 

TOPICS
Bug, How to, InCopy workflow

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Feb 11, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Feb 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 11, 2020 1
Explorer ,
Feb 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you George-S for the answer. I greatly, greatly appreciate it!

Have a great day.

-Chris

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 12, 2020 0
scmoss1 LATEST
New Here ,
Oct 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

George, I don't understand how to "place" pages to an indesign document.  Can you elaborate?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 22, 2020 0