Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Not able to get rid of gray page when uploading MP3 sound

Community Beginner ,
Jul 02, 2020 Jul 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Question on Indesign for multimedia:

I had been trying to make an Acrobat presentation built on InDesign 15.1.1, on a MacBook Pro with Catalina 10.15.5, but seems that the Window/Interactive/Multimedia controls to 'Play on page load', 'Stop on page turn', and the capabilities of using posters or not, aren't working properly when exporting to iPDF (Interactive PDF). When playing audios it shows the 'standard' ugly gray speaker image and does not let me control play/stop at all. Same with embedded videos.

I am aware Flash will go away pretty soon, and not using this at all, but seems that these functions on this menu are away as well along with the departure of Flash. Am I missing anything on this? My main need is that the posters function works properly, or not at all, and let me use the audio without the gray ugly display... Any recommendation on this?

TOPICS
Bug , EPUB , Import and export , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 03, 2020 Jul 03, 2020

iPDF  is tricky, but for FXL ePub and Publish online: place the sound on the pasteboard next to the page BUT make sure the frame edge touches or is 0,1 mm on the page. Then design your own buttons and give them play/pause/stop etc. actions.

Or place some frame, can be those buttons itself, on top of the placed soundfile frame so it does not show. You can scale the frame with the sound file to be almost invisible so you place another frame on top to cover it.

BUT(!) be aware, as you said yourself

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jul 03, 2020 Jul 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

iPDF  is tricky, but for FXL ePub and Publish online: place the sound on the pasteboard next to the page BUT make sure the frame edge touches or is 0,1 mm on the page. Then design your own buttons and give them play/pause/stop etc. actions.

Or place some frame, can be those buttons itself, on top of the placed soundfile frame so it does not show. You can scale the frame with the sound file to be almost invisible so you place another frame on top to cover it.

BUT(!) be aware, as you said yourself, Flash is dead and gone so this works in HTML/ePub but not in iPDF without Flash, there you ate stuck with the OS interface...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Jul 03, 2020 Jul 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As Frans mentions, you'll have a much richer media experience with something like Publish Online. Here are examples of many interactive documents done with InDesign. The children's book el dragon del la chimenea on Page 6 uses sound. http://bit.ly/PubOnCollection

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines