• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Not able to save file in InDesign 2020 on macOS Catalina

New Here ,
Aug 24, 2020 Aug 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I was using InDesign just fine yesterday, but today it's saying I can't save anything. It says this:

"InDesign is unable to save this file. We tried, but it appears to be damaged." But it says this even to files that are completely blank.

I updated to Catalina a month ago, and I just a couple of weeks ago began to use InDesign 2020, so I'm new to some of these details. I've never received a notice like this before. Any ideas? Help!

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Aug 24, 2020 Aug 24, 2020

Hi Courtney,

Sorry to hear about your experience. In addition to suggestions given by Rob & Scott, I'd recommend following steps below to reset preferences of Adobe InDesign:

• Close all adobe applications 
  • Go to Locations:  
  • ~/Library/Caches 
  • ~/Library/Preferences 
  • Rename Adobe InDesign and com.adobe.indesign to Adobe InDesign.old and com.adobe.indesign.old 
  • Launch InDesign from the CC 

**Please note that resetting preferences will remove all the custom settings and InDesign will launch wit

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is the problem with an existing file or does it happen when you create a new file? if it is happening with a new file try trashing your ID preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure to also reboot your computer and relaunch InDesign. If you've done all that and you're still having problems let us know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Courtney,

Sorry to hear about your experience. In addition to suggestions given by Rob & Scott, I'd recommend following steps below to reset preferences of Adobe InDesign:

• Close all adobe applications 
  • Go to Locations:  
  • ~/Library/Caches 
  • ~/Library/Preferences 
  • Rename Adobe InDesign and com.adobe.indesign to Adobe InDesign.old and com.adobe.indesign.old 
  • Launch InDesign from the CC 

**Please note that resetting preferences will remove all the custom settings and InDesign will launch with default settings. This way all your old settings will be saved in .old folders and InDesign will recreate new folders with default settings.

Let us know if it helps.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines