Not able to write Arabic in InDesign 2020

Dec 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear, 

my new Adobe suite 2020 does not support arabic language knowing that I have choosen the option that support arabic but, the letters are separated from each other and have a wrong direction

{Renamed by MOD}

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Not able to write Arabic in InDesign 2020

Dec 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear, 

my new Adobe suite 2020 does not support arabic language knowing that I have choosen the option that support arabic but, the letters are separated from each other and have a wrong direction

{Renamed by MOD}

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Dec 17, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about this. Would you mind sharing version of the OS & InDesign? Have you installed English Arabic version of the app? Does it happen with a specific file or all? This information would help us assist you accordingly.

Additionally, I'd recommend checking out this help article to know how to write Arabic in InDesign. Hope it helps.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 20, 2020 0
Dec 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2020-12-23 at 11.20.37 PM.png

Do you see the "ME Type Tool" in your tools panel? if not, then you don't have the Arabic supported version, and you need to follow the below steps:

1.jpg

1. From the Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop menu, click on All Apps to view a list of installed Adobe applications
  2. Click the three ellipses shown beside each installed application
  3. Choose Uninstall to remove the non-Arabic application
  4. Once ALL installed applications have been uninstalled/removed, click on the “Account” icon found on the top-right corner of the Creative Cloud desktop application and choose “Preferences”

2.jpg

1. In the newly opened Preferences dialogue window, click on “Apps” in the left pane
  2. Scroll down to the bottom of the window, from the “Default install Language” drop menu choose English يدعم العربية in order to have Arabic support in Adobe applications, then click the “Done” button.

Now you may proceed to install Adobe applications once again.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 23, 2020 1