Highlighted

Note and Comment visibility

Explorer ,
Aug 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adding a Note adds a tiny marker and I need to open the note window to see the contents. I'd like to work with notes like in Word, where you can highlight a sentence and leave a note for it. This way you can scroll through a document, easily spot where the note is and what it is refering to, as opposed to going through all notes step by step and then guessing if I meant the text, the image or the entire paragraph.

TOPICS
Feature request, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Note and Comment visibility

Explorer ,
Aug 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adding a Note adds a tiny marker and I need to open the note window to see the contents. I'd like to work with notes like in Word, where you can highlight a sentence and leave a note for it. This way you can scroll through a document, easily spot where the note is and what it is refering to, as opposed to going through all notes step by step and then guessing if I meant the text, the image or the entire paragraph.

TOPICS
Feature request, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 21, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 21, 2020 1
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 21, 2020 0
Explorer ,
Aug 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, that looks promising. I was really hoping for a vanilla solution, this looks like a 3. party plugin, I'm not a big fan of those, but I'll give it a try.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 23, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Frederik,

Thanks for your feedback. George has given great response. In addition to that, you may check out existing workflow of how to add editorial notes work in this help article.

You may also share a feature request to improve this on Adobe InDesign UserVoice. This UserVoice forum is monitored by product team and they might look into it in upcoming releases.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 26, 2020 1