• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Nothing happens when I use transparent blend space cmyk

Community Beginner ,
Dec 15, 2020 Dec 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, I created a document that I've been working for quite some time now. I have 11 versions of it and this is very strange. The document was created with RGB colors and images, plus I use svg icons. On V11 of the doc I tweaked lots of alignment and then saved an interactive PDF with vivid rgb colors. When I went to save for Print as I did with previous versions and changing transparent blend space to CMYK, I noticed the following.

1. The documenton my mac screen wont switch from the vivid RGB colors to CMYK as it does in privious versions of the same doc when I use transparent blend space cmyk
  2. When I do export, PDF Print, compression X1A-2001 and save, two of my SVG icon that are plaved inside a table comes out with weird colors, as attached. 

Screenshot 2020-12-15 at 11.36.26.png

To be more precise, when I try doing the same thing with an older version of this file, I have no problem at all with anything. Furthermore, all the changes in latest version were aignments and extra text, nothing else. I tried solving this issue, by reinstaling Indesign, removing and placing again the SVG icos and nothing worked. I am going crazy already, so this comunity is my last hope, as I dont want to spend hours replicating the last version of the document. 

Thanks 

TOPICS
Bug , Import and export , Print

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 15, 2020 Dec 15, 2020

The problem is specific to the placed .svg file and not the blend space.

InDesign’s Transparency Blend Space exists because you can mix native objects with different color modes on the same spread (which is not possible in PS or AI), so there has to be a uniform color space for blending transparent objects with different color modes. Your page has no transparency so the blend space is not used—if you want a CMYK preview of out-of-gamut RGB color, turn on Overprint or Separation Preview.

If I

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Choosing a CMYK blend space does NOT ALWAYS change colours. (It should; I fought long and hard in a committee for this to happen). It changes colours ONLY when a page contains transparency. Otherwise RGB elements remain unchanged. Exporting to a CMYK PDF/X file will, however, convert everything to CMYK.  I believe placing SVG is brand new? I suggest you try with a different format.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your quick reply. Funny that like I said above, the svg is transparent, plus this problem is happening in Version 11 of the doc, but on previous version with same svg, same print compression, the document is fine. On this one the svg is coming out the way I posted above. I have no idea what is going on and why is behaving like this! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, does it happen if you replace the svg files with .ai versions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I only have svg version, but I will open it in indesign and copy paste instead. Now, the svg is the same as older version, and on older version this doesnt happen. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you share the problem page and its placed assets via your CC account or another sharing service?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you mean the indd file? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, and the placed files—you can Package the document or just the one problem page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, here is the link for the package. The print compression I need is X1A-2001, because thats where the mistake shows up only in this version. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem is specific to the placed .svg file and not the blend space.

InDesign’s Transparency Blend Space exists because you can mix native objects with different color modes on the same spread (which is not possible in PS or AI), so there has to be a uniform color space for blending transparent objects with different color modes. Your page has no transparency so the blend space is not used—if you want a CMYK preview of out-of-gamut RGB color, turn on Overprint or Separation Preview.

If I save your visa_mastercard.svg as an .ai file and relink to it, the PDF/X-1a export works as expected, so the problem seems to be with that one file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks a lot for this! I am rebuilding the edits I made on this version to an old version of the same file. The funny thing is that the same svg is working fine in this older file. When you added the file, you added via place, or import image? Many thanks for your support and kind help! Really apreciate it! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, would it be possible to delete the printed image of the file you placed it here? Since this is a client info, I didnt want them to find it online. 🙂 if you know what I mean. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I opened your .svg file in AI, saved it as .ai format, and relinked. After changing the format, select the .svg file in the layout and from the Links panel flyout choose Relink.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hey, I found the problem, but I have no idea why! 

the line (with the x mark below) when you remove the transparancy of 20% and add 100% (that was one of the edits I did from the old version to new). The mistake appears on the svgs. 

Now, I have no idea why this happens, do you? If you still have the file, you can add a 20% transparancy to these two lines and you will see that you will be able to export fine the svgs. 

Screenshot 2020-12-15 at 15.40.53.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The file you posted doesn’t have any transparency—you can use the Flattener Preview panel to find transparancy on a spread. Here the rules are showing as 100% Opacity. Is there a reason you need the .svg format?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines