• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Nothing in document is displaying on pages when printing or exporting.

New Here ,
Feb 29, 2020 Feb 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nothing in my document is displaying on the pages tab.  When I export to PDF or print, it's blank.  Help, please!Screen Shot 2020-02-29 at 10.52.29 AM.png

TOPICS
Activation billing and install , Bug , EPUB , Feature request , How to , Import and export , InCopy workflow , Performance , Print , Publish online , Scripting , SDK , Sync and storage , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We can't see the top of your pages panel, but my first guess is that you added the content to a custom master page and not to the body pages. Next, check to see if the layers are set to non-printing.

As I continue to think about what you are showing us, it may be that the file is corrupt. In that case, try saving the file as an .idml file, close it, reopen it and save it again as an InDesign file. Or open a previous version and pick up from there.

~Barb 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 01, 2020 Mar 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I move content to body pages from master page?  I'm still new to InDesign, thank you for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I move content to body pages from master page? 

Use Edit > Select All, Edit > CopyCut, and then Edit > Paste in Place.

But did you confirm that this was the issue? Again, I can't see the top of your pages panel, so I can't confirm it.

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A little nit pick here, Barb...I'd go with cut instead of copy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are correct, Bob. Will edit the answer.

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it was all really on the master page it would show in the document pages preview as well and it would print/PDF.

Also looking at the screenshot I see solid blue lines on the frames, if it was a master page it would all have been dotted lines, so these are NOT master page items (!) 

My guess is a layer set to non-print or items set to non print. All is locked as well on the screen shot, so I guess someone kept clicking on all the little icons in the Layers panel 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Can you share the document as that will probably clear everything up pretty quickly?

Regards

Malcolm

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

My guess is that the content is on a layer that's set to Non-Printing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines