• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Nothing opening after CS update

New Here ,
Aug 29, 2020 Aug 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updated my creative suite apps last week and now my InDesign, Acrobat DC and Illustrator are freezing at start-up. It will open the document and then immediately the rainbow wheel of death. I have uninstalled Creative Suite, all of the apps, and even tried going back to different versions for installation. I updated my Extensis Font Suitcase to see if that was the problem. It wasn't. I followed other internet posts about removing caches and preferences... I keep uninstalling and reinstalling and restarting and shutting down... nothing is helping. I have over 400GB of space left and all 4 of my ram is installed (32GB installed). Is something off with this latest update? It is killing me because I have deadlines and I can't get anything to work.

TOPICS
Bug , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 29, 2020 Aug 29, 2020

Hi. It's actually working fine on my machine. It would help if we knew your OS version - different systems may have different problem and solutions.

One thing to check - if you use Suitcase, it means you likely use a LOT of fonts. Can you please try deactivating all fonts but system fonts and open a document that only uses your system fonts? Sometimes a corrupt font can be the cause of symptoms you're describing, even if the font isn't used in the document you're viewing - just loading a corrupt

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. It's actually working fine on my machine. It would help if we knew your OS version - different systems may have different problem and solutions.

One thing to check - if you use Suitcase, it means you likely use a LOT of fonts. Can you please try deactivating all fonts but system fonts and open a document that only uses your system fonts? Sometimes a corrupt font can be the cause of symptoms you're describing, even if the font isn't used in the document you're viewing - just loading a corrupt font can cause weirdness. Just a suggestion...

Adobe Community Expert / Adobe Certified Instructor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Creative Suite? There have been no updates to those applications in seven years. If you mean Creative Cloud, please post your exact versions and operating system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines