Highlighted

Now getting 'Failed to Export PDF' since upgrading to the latest InDesign (v16)

Community Beginner ,
Oct 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm now getting 'Failed to Export PDF' message since upgrading to the latest InDesign (v16). I've unistalled InDesign and Acrobat but issue still remains. I noticed that that when everything upgraded yesterday the prvious old apps still remained and I had to uninstall them individually.  I'm on a the latest PC Windows 10 environment.

TOPICS
Bug, Import and export, Print

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Now getting 'Failed to Export PDF' since upgrading to the latest InDesign (v16)

Community Beginner ,
Oct 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm now getting 'Failed to Export PDF' message since upgrading to the latest InDesign (v16). I've unistalled InDesign and Acrobat but issue still remains. I noticed that that when everything upgraded yesterday the prvious old apps still remained and I had to uninstall them individually.  I'm on a the latest PC Windows 10 environment.

TOPICS
Bug, Import and export, Print

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 23, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Oct 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Following on from my bug...

It appears that certain PDF settings are causing issues. E.g. [High Quality] causes the failure to export where as [PDF/X-1a:2001] exports but unfortunatley certain pages have big chunks of text missing. Wierd! 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 23, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Oct 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Additonally I've just noticed that older InDesign files seem to be fine when exporting. The most recent file I'm trying to export has some images that would have been native to a Mac environment. Could this be a cause of the issues?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 23, 2020 0