Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Nudge moves text frame but not text

New Here ,
Jul 26, 2020 Jul 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

I've been dealing with this annoying nudging issue lately.

I'll want to align my text with text on the next page or, align it with an image on the same page.  I want to nudge until somethings aligned. Anyways, I nudge to get it where I need and the text won't move.  The frame will move with each nudge but the text jumps past where I need it to align.  It's like, just where I need my text to be there's an invisible frame with Text Wrap on (There's nothing Text Wrapped). I'm in the middle of laying out a 600 page book and this happens, so frustrating. 

What's going on? How do I fix this?  It started happening after I updated to the latest release. Adobe Master collection is up-to-date.

My computer:

Model Identifier: MacBookPro16,1

Processor Name: 8-Core Intel Core i9

Processor Speed: 2.4 GHz

Number of Processors: 1

Total Number of Cores: 8

L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB

L3 Cache: 16 MB

Hyper-Threading Technology: Enabled

Memory: 64 GB

Thank you for taking the time to read this.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again, 

TOPICS
Bug , How to , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 26, 2020 Jul 26, 2020

Are you nudging up and down or left and right? If up and down check to see if you have Snap to Baseline Grid on in the Paragraph panel.

Can you show a screen grab or animation? Make sure all guides are showing. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you nudging up and down or left and right? If up and down check to see if you have Snap to Baseline Grid on in the Paragraph panel.

Can you show a screen grab or animation? Make sure all guides are showing. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you!

it was only happening with up & down.  i see now that all my text has been set to align to baseline grid.  I don't remember ever hitting those icons. Yikes! It's not even identifiable what they are unless you hover over top of it - it's just a pair of icons.  I may have set it accidentally on closing out I just don't know - but, now I know .. thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You’re welcome. Glad to help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines