• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Number List Restart In Table Cells

New Here ,
Mar 02, 2021 Mar 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a table of about twenty cells, and within some cells there will be a number list (about five items). I'd like to use one paragraph style, and have each cell restart numbering from 1. I know how to automatically restart numbering with flowing text, but I can't figure out from cell to cell. I'd rather not go through Restart Numbering for each cell because not all cells are contiguous and the document will have a lot of these tables.

Thanks!

TOPICS
How to , Print , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 02, 2021 Mar 02, 2021

Well, somehow you have to let InDesign know when to restart the list. There isn't an option to restart lists automatically in each new cell. 

In addition to the manual option that you don't want to use, you can use another paragraph to restart a list, described here: https://www.rockymountaintraining.com/adobe-indesign-restart-numbered-lists-automatically/. We haven't seen your table yet. Is there a heading that you can use to handle the restart, as per my example, below? If not, it's back to

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Mar 02, 2021 Mar 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well, somehow you have to let InDesign know when to restart the list. There isn't an option to restart lists automatically in each new cell. 

In addition to the manual option that you don't want to use, you can use another paragraph to restart a list, described here: https://www.rockymountaintraining.com/adobe-indesign-restart-numbered-lists-automatically/. We haven't seen your table yet. Is there a heading that you can use to handle the restart, as per my example, below? If not, it's back to a manual restart.

~Barb

restart.png

~Barb 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines