• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Numbered List second line issue

Community Beginner ,
May 31, 2020 May 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm experiencing an issue with numbered lists. Can anyone help me resolve this issue? I can't get the second line to align under the first word of the first line. I know it's a simple fix, but I'm going around in circles. Thank you.

Screen Shot 2020-05-31 at 4.14.23 PM.png

TOPICS
Bug , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 31, 2020 May 31, 2020

No, that isn't a bug. You are using a font with proportional figures, and the zero is wider that the one, two or three. 

Just set the tab stop and hanging indent to accomodate the 10. and you should be good to go.

• Type > Tabs
  • Move the tab to the right (the arrow)
  • Then Shift+drag the bottom white triangle to align it with the tab for a hanging indent. 

example.gif

If you are using auto-numbers this is even easier in the Bullets and Numbering dialog box, but I can't tell if you are or not so this works

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, that isn't a bug. You are using a font with proportional figures, and the zero is wider that the one, two or three. 

Just set the tab stop and hanging indent to accomodate the 10. and you should be good to go.

• Type > Tabs
  • Move the tab to the right (the arrow)
  • Then Shift+drag the bottom white triangle to align it with the tab for a hanging indent. 

example.gif

If you are using auto-numbers this is even easier in the Bullets and Numbering dialog box, but I can't tell if you are or not so this works with any list.

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much Barb!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 18, 2020 Nov 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How is it easier in the Bullets and Numbering dialog box

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Always happy to help. 😊

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 01, 2020 Jun 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In addition to Barb's advice, if you are using Optical Margin Alignment in the story, turn it off for your numbered and bulleted paragraphs. 

Screenshot 2020-06-01 at 10.05.10.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

why? This did not alter my text in any way

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Qzzzzzzzzzzzz :

How is it easier in the Bullets and Numbering dialog box

Because you can just type in the hanging indent values, rather than dragging and dropping the miniscule triangles. 

~Barb 

B

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines