Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Numbered lists in different paragraphs

New Here ,
Nov 25, 2020 Nov 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I have a problem with numbering sentences. F.e. in paragraph 1 there are is a numbered list (1, 2, 3). In paragraph 2 I have a couple of sentences with numbered list as well. Unfortunately this list starts with 4. Where I would like it to start with 1 again. How can I do this?

Martine

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Guide , Nov 25, 2020 Nov 25, 2020

right-click on  this (4th) sentence and find Restart Numbering option.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Nov 25, 2020 Nov 25, 2020

Hi @ID4uNL:

In addition to Anna's correct response above, there is a more advanced way of automatically resetting lists that is described in this post: https://www.rockymountaintraining.com/adobe-indesign-restart-numbered-lists-automatically/. You need to be comfortable using paragraph styles to set this up. 

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

right-click on  this (4th) sentence and find Restart Numbering option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 03, 2020 Dec 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry for my late reply, the mail went into my spam folder.

Unfortunately I didn't had the option of Restart Numbering. That was the strangest thing.

But I had contact with Adobe support and after 1/1/2 hour (!) the employee and I made it work!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @ID4uNL:

In addition to Anna's correct response above, there is a more advanced way of automatically resetting lists that is described in this post: https://www.rockymountaintraining.com/adobe-indesign-restart-numbered-lists-automatically/. You need to be comfortable using paragraph styles to set this up. 

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 03, 2020 Dec 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks! I will have a look at it, to gain more knowledge!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines