• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

numbered lists

Explorer ,
Nov 26, 2020 Nov 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone had this problem? Every time I try to create a Paragraph style for numbered list -- ID crashes. I've tried the usual way as a new PS, I've tried copying the Bullet List style and putting in Numbers in place of bullets -- even changing my Hanging Indent style to numbered. Crashes every time. Just disappears -- no ability to send a crash report, either.

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Nov 26, 2020 Nov 26, 2020

It has to be something in the Word file itself, as after taking it into WordPerfect and saving it as a .doc file -- I could use numbering! (Do I hate Word?) Wish I'd thought of that earlier.

Thank you for your patience and efforts! Most appreciated.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does it happen with all fonts?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Minion Pro at 12pt. The original Word file is in Times New Roman, and so full of overrides, plus all the text is Word's "Normal" even the bolds, the 20pt titles, the lot. It's a dreadful file. Would that any something to do with the numbered list issue?

And thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just tried it on another file (indt version) and it crashed when I tried using Myriad Pro.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And again using Times New Roman as in the original Word file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you try to trash preferences? Quit InDesign and relaunch it while holding down simultaneously the Shift, Ctrl, Alt and Cmd keys (Mac), Shift, Ctrl, and Alt keys (Windows) until you see a warning message asking for confirmation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just did as you said -- trashing preferences. I managed to create the Numbered List style, but when I tried to apply it text, it crashed. Very strange!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You got the warning message? Does InDesign crash on different files or only one? Did you try to export it as idml?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It trashes consistently on any of the files in this particular "book" I'm working on. Just tried on another file. It must be this file. Something in the Word file. I'll try bringing up the Word file in WordPerfect, saving it as Word, then importing it. That might give me an answer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It has to be something in the Word file itself, as after taking it into WordPerfect and saving it as a .doc file -- I could use numbering! (Do I hate Word?) Wish I'd thought of that earlier.

Thank you for your patience and efforts! Most appreciated.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines