Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Numbering of articles in a law book in a nested style

Community Beginner ,
Apr 30, 2021 Apr 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello adobe community 🙂
I have a big problem with the quite unusual composition of the publication on labor law in Poland. I came up with a layout, the correct pattern of which I placed on the mockup that I am sending. I'm also sending a screenshot of indesigna from the current situation, how it works to bring it to reality. I made art numbers using a character style followed by a nested paragraph style. The problems I struggle with are:

1. How do I arrange the article numbers on the right-hand side of the odd pages and do it automatically?
2. How to justify same numbering in a nested style to the right? (so that it never crosses a vertical line) I mean, I would like the numbers to line up from the vertical line to the edge of the page, so that the larger numbers (345) do not fall into the text behind the vertical line.

Perhaps you have some completely different idea. Faster and simpler than using nested styles. I thought about numbering, but there is a problem with the odd page, I would have to change the language to one where it is written from the right. If I have expressed myself unclearly, please ask for additional questions. I don't speak English fluently. Have a nice day 🙂

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 09, 2021 Jun 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Pirowski9925,

did you find a solution?

If not, look into anchored text frames for the article numbers.

You can dicatate the position of anchored objects relative to the spine or the outer edges of your pages.

https://helpx.adobe.com/pl/indesign/using/anchored-objects.html

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines