Highlighted

Object effects applying across all other objects?

New Here ,
Mar 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, when I apply an effect (even just opacity) to an object, it applies to all other objects on the page. Right clicking on the other objects doesn't show anything applied. Any ideas?

Topics

Bug, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Object effects applying across all other objects?

New Here ,
Mar 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, when I apply an effect (even just opacity) to an object, it applies to all other objects on the page. Right clicking on the other objects doesn't show anything applied. Any ideas?

Topics

Bug, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Mar 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you able to share a document with this problem?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds like you have an Object Style set up, check it out in the Object Styles dialogue panel.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, both. I'm actually using an .ai logo (that I didn't create) and I just tried to convert it in Illustrator to an .eps and the colours changed. So I think I might be looking at this from the wrong angle! Thanks again.

.....indeed the logo turned out to be RGB so I'm guessing when I applied any effect to a CMYK object etc it changed the document/logo colour profile. Not an issue that I've come across before.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

EPS is an obsolete format, best to Place your AI file in to your InDesign document, keep to RGB color mode.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In this case the whole document could probably be RGB. Thanks for the help. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines