Highlighted

Object numbering and Spread

New Here ,
Mar 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, community,
is there a way to control the order of automatic numbering with Paragraph Styles itself, so that for example image 1 and 2 is on the left, image 3 on the right and image 4 is again on the left?

Thanks a lot in advance.

Hey, I solve the problem by using Text Threads. So I was able to change the position of the number by not changing the order. Thank you for your help.

Topics

How to, Print, Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Object numbering and Spread

New Here ,
Mar 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, community,
is there a way to control the order of automatic numbering with Paragraph Styles itself, so that for example image 1 and 2 is on the left, image 3 on the right and image 4 is again on the left?

Thanks a lot in advance.

Hey, I solve the problem by using Text Threads. So I was able to change the position of the number by not changing the order. Thank you for your help.

Topics

How to, Print, Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Mar 26, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Mar 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, this is manual process. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 26, 2020 0
Mar 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using paragraph styles you can use Apply Next Style.

Paragraph Style 1 will have numbering and be left aligned.

Paragraph Style 2 will have numbering (continued) and be right aligned. 

https://layersmagazine.com/using-the-next-style-paragraph-feature-in-indesign.html

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 26, 2020 0
Mar 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hallo m.b.,

I have no idea what you like to accomplish.

Please, show some screenshots of a layout where frame edges and hidden characters are showing.

Are you working with anchored graphics? Should the auto numbering done for captions?

Thanks,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 26, 2020 0
New Here ,
Apr 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 03, 2020 0