• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Object/Paragraph Styles

Explorer ,
Dec 01, 2020 Dec 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! I have a two-part style issue. 1) I want to create a style for quotes in my document. The paragraph style is set. What I want to include is this graphic of my quotation mark that will automatically be placed in the same location each time a quotation is used and, 2) I want a style for my photos to have a border only on the top. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

karacte_1-1606840886578.png

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 01, 2020 Dec 01, 2020

Hi,

For your paragraph style, it is difficult because the quotes are outside the frame. The easiest way should be to create a separate frame with the quotes and to anchor this frame in the main paragraph frame.

For the object style, it is ot possible to set a border on only one side of the frame, but there is a workaround using a hard drop shadow:

Capture d’écran 2020-12-01 à 18.02.41.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

For your paragraph style, it is difficult because the quotes are outside the frame. The easiest way should be to create a separate frame with the quotes and to anchor this frame in the main paragraph frame.

For the object style, it is ot possible to set a border on only one side of the frame, but there is a workaround using a hard drop shadow:

Capture d’écran 2020-12-01 à 18.02.41.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jmlevy, I cannot thank you enough! I love a good workaround. I tried this a hundred different ways with no success. Brilliant!

With regard to my quote, I have the quote anchored to this filler text. I might not be asking this the right way, pardon. Is there a way to make this a style, either object or paragraph that will automatically include the quote image when I choose to use the style?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found another workaround but I am unable to achieve exactly what you want

Capture d’écran 2020-12-01 à 20.53.15.jpg

It is done with 2 grep styles and you would need to insert a space at the beginning of the paragraph

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I so appreciate your help with both of these! Saved me loads of frustration. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines