• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Object Style for a text box to auto size to all items inside -- both text and an anchored graphic

New Here ,
Sep 26, 2019 Sep 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm at a loss trying to figure out how to get the text box to recognize the anchored graphic size at the graphic's actual size. The text box is auto sizing to the content as all text. Because once it's anchored the text box treats it as text. 

The text box needs to include a one-line header and then the graphic achored one line below the header. 

I believe it's probably a combo of an object style for the containing text box, another for the graphic that's embedded, along with a paragraph style.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 26, 2019 Sep 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try adding a space or unfilled character after the grarphic. Make sure the anchored object options for the anchored graphic are set to Inline or Above Line, not Custom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 27, 2019 Sep 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thanks Scott. That didn't work, but I'm now trying to just treat it as a text, and created a paragraph style to include a drop cap for the line of text where the graphic is anchored. This helps, but I still need to adjust how many lines deep the drop cap goes. Perhaps I also need a character style? I'm still trying to figure this one out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines