• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Object style on videos, why not?

Community Beginner ,
Nov 21, 2019 Nov 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone know the reson why I cannot apply an object style to a placed vidio. I'm using this to control the placement and sice of images, but once I select a vidieo the object styles are greyed (disabled).

Why? I really need to set an style to control all videos.....

TOPICS
Feature request

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 21, 2019 Nov 21, 2019

You are right.

Even by scripting one cannot apply an object style to a graphic frame that contains a movie or a sound file.

Technically one could apply the style before placing the movie or the sound to a pre-made graphic frame.

If you uncheck the option to replace contents while placing the preview image of a movie will be added. Otherwise the preview image is missing on the page. If you then change the object style, the graphic frame with the movie will follow.

But you cannot apply a diffe

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Nov 21, 2019 Nov 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are right.

Even by scripting one cannot apply an object style to a graphic frame that contains a movie or a sound file.

Technically one could apply the style before placing the movie or the sound to a pre-made graphic frame.

If you uncheck the option to replace contents while placing the preview image of a movie will be added. Otherwise the preview image is missing on the page. If you then change the object style, the graphic frame with the movie will follow.

But you cannot apply a different object style as long as a movie or a sound file is placed to a graphic frame.

Best you do a feature request or bug report:

https://indesign.uservoice.com/

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 25, 2019 Nov 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thaks for the ipnut and link.

I have added a request, forgot to log in so I'm the anonymous poster.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines