• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

On hold for 1/2 hour with Adobe InDesign & Illustrator support.

Community Beginner ,
Sep 21, 2020 Sep 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Waiting for InDesign & Illustrator help on the phone. Worked through the automated traffic manager, then no sound, no answer, no music, no nothin' for 35 minutes. Adobe having problems?

TOPICS
Activation billing and install

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Sep 25, 2020 Sep 25, 2020

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about your experience. You have this issue with multiple applications. I'd suggest using Creative Cloud Cleaner tool to remove the existing Adobe installation and install again once done.

If you wish to contact assisted support, please visit Adobe support page and click on the chat icon at bottom right corner to start the conversation with the team. Hope it helps.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi William:

How can we help you?

~Barb 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 22, 2020 Sep 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat, InDesign, and Illustrator all started freezing every time I opened any document yesterday morning. I'd used Acrobat the evening before, with no problem, and InDesign in the past couple of days without incident. Tried several PDF, ID, and .ai docs, in case there was a problem with a particular document. Problem persisted. As Creative Cloud keeps itself updated, I thought perhaps that recent updates might require the newest MacOS update, so I updated the OS. Problem persisted.

Spent over two hours with tech help in India, giving them access to my computer. They were unable to resolve the problem, and with the way my tech's supervisor kept dropping in, it very much felt like there was pressure to end the call unresolved. Indeed, the Support Session connection was dropped on their end twice (perhaps to discourage me from getting back in touch with them, but I digress.) In the end, they had me sign in as Root user, and the apps worked. Alas, as Root user, none of my actual documents were accessible. Through all of this, and watching the tech move through my computer, it was obvious that he/she had no idea what they were looking for, or following any procedure-based diagnostic path.

Tech asked me to call Apple and create a new User Account. I'm uncertain how this might be an actual answer, especially since nothing had changed about my setup here. The problem only affects Adobe products, and only since yesterday morning. Forcing so fundamental a change on my computer sounds to me like "I can't figure out the problem, and I'm judged on how quickly I flush tech calls, so you go talk to somebody else before my pay is docked." My User Account cannot be the problem.

When I called the Adobe US tech support number, I navigated through the automated part, was placed on hold, and though there was no sound at all, the line was still active. By no sound, I mean that there were no "Thanks for holding..." or "We appreciate your business..." announcements, no on-hold music or ads for Adobe products, nothing. After 36 minutes, I hung up. 

How does one speak with a knowledgeable Adobe tech? I just want to talk with someone who knows what they're doing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 22, 2020 Sep 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat, InDesign, and Illustrator all started freezing every time I opened any document yesterday morning. I'd used Acrobat the evening before, with no problem, and InDesign in the past couple of days without incident. Tried several PDF, ID, and .ai docs, in case there was a problem with a particular document. Problem persisted. As Creative Cloud keeps itself updated, I thought perhaps that recent updates might require the newest MacOS update, so I updated the OS. Problem persisted.

Spent over two hours with tech help, giving them access to my computer. They were unable to resolve the problem, and with the way my tech's supervisor kept dropping in, it very much felt like there was pressure to end the call unresolved. Indeed, the Support Session connection was dropped on their end twice (perhaps to discourage me from getting back in touch with them, but I digress.) In the end, they had me sign in as Root user, and the apps worked. Alas, as Root user, none of my actual documents were accessible. Through all of this, and watching the tech move through my computer, it was obvious that he/she had no idea what they were looking for, or following any procedure-based diagnostic path.

Tech asked me to call Apple and create a new User Account. I'm uncertain how this might be an actual answer, especially since nothing had changed about my setup here. The problem only affects Adobe products, and only since yesterday morning. Forcing so fundamental a change on my computer sounds to me like "I can't figure out the problem, and I'm judged on how quickly I flush tech calls, so you go talk to somebody else before my pay is docked." My User Account cannot be the problem. Indeed, when I created a new User Account, there was no change in Adobe app freezes.

When I called the Adobe tech support number, I navigated through the automated part, was placed on hold, and though there was no sound at all, the line was still active. By no sound, I mean that there were no "Thanks for holding..." or "We appreciate your business..." announcements, no on-hold music or ads for Adobe products, nothing. After 36 minutes, I hung up. 

How does one speak with a knowledgeable Adobe tech? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 25, 2020 Sep 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about your experience. You have this issue with multiple applications. I'd suggest using Creative Cloud Cleaner tool to remove the existing Adobe installation and install again once done.

If you wish to contact assisted support, please visit Adobe support page and click on the chat icon at bottom right corner to start the conversation with the team. Hope it helps.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 25, 2020 Sep 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, Ashutosh.

I'm certain we spoke on the phone. This was done a few days ago by you or Husna. You have scheduled a call today after my logs were retrieved. Perhaps today is my lucky day.

Bill

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Happy to help you if you tell us more. This forum is staffed by volunteers.

thanks

jonathan

[moderator]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just spent two hours with tech help in India. No help. Acrobat, InDesign & Illustrator freeze in startup. total uninstall & reinstall. Since this morning. Yesterday was fine. Works in Root, but I have none of my docs there. I've got a 640 page book to finish.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines