• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

online printing services

Community Beginner ,
Jun 23, 2021 Jun 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can anyone tell me a good online printing service they can recommend for me? I am trying to create a pocket reference study notes out of 4x6 cards and i was looking for a good online printing service that can handle the job. I went to my local Office depot and they just didnt seem to want to help so i am looking to do this online.

TOPICS
Print , Publish online

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Of the big names, I've been reasonably happy with Moo.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which country are you in?

What sort of printing quantity?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 26, 2021 Jun 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am in the US, it does not have to be professional quality this is just for personal use really. I am creating study cards out of 4x6 cards.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 26, 2021 Jun 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As mentioned by Bob, have a look at Moo.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 27, 2021 Jun 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

4x6 is an odd size to print.  This sounds like a one-off single copy job and you might have better luck if you set it up as two cards per page on letter size paper and cut them apart yourself. Any local copy shop should be able to handle that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 28, 2021 Jun 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah 4x6 is an odd size but i am trying to create some studt cards for me to study for a certification in IT, the idea behind this project is a pocket reference guide something like in the pictures below:

il_794xN.2855276475_bcnk.jpgil_1140xN.904775052_tppt.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My point is if you set this up so it prints on a standard size sheet, then cut it and assemble yourself, you'll have a much easier time getting it printed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok sounds like the better way to go about this, i think i will do that. I am new to indesign so i will get on this. Since i have already finished my project is there a way i could edit the paper size to accomadate the solution you recommnded that way i dont have to start over?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

4x6 is a common trim size with postcard printers. There’s also Vista print, quality isn’t quite as good as Moo, but they are considerably cheaper with more size options:

https://www.vistaprint.com/customer-care/artwork-specifications.aspx?pf_id=BFR#Details

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 29, 2021 Jun 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Will VistaPrint do a run of say 30 pages all different, one copy each page? I'm not sure they're set up for that.

As far as changing the layout, you can place the current pages, either native .indd or PDF into a new file they same way you place any image.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 29, 2021 Jun 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I missed the 1 copy part.

If it’s one copy why print? Maybe export a PDF or Publish Online and use a phone to reference the study guide?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 27, 2021 Jun 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does it have to be online? I don't know what's it like in the US. But Office Depot sounds like a big company.

Have you contacted any local printing services in your area.

Sorry, just trying to understand a little more.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines