• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Publish Online | Extremely slow | InDesign 17.4

Explorer ,
Sep 30, 2022 Sep 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, since a couple of days loading of our published documents is extremely slow. Has anybody else experienced this and, if so, is this an Adobe server issue? Maintenance? Docs that were previously loading in a sec now take almost ten to half a minute to load... Fingers crossed this is temporarily and quickly resolved.

{Renamed By MOD}

TOPICS
Bug , EPUB , Performance , Publish online

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 05, 2022 Oct 05, 2022

Hi All, 

The fix has been deployed and the issue stands resolved, as confirmed by multiple community members. Feel free to create a new thread if you need any further assistance.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 352 Replies 352
Community Expert ,
Oct 03, 2022 Oct 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @a diana ,

could be a current issue with the Publish Online service itself.

Check status here:

https://status.adobe.com/

Also look into this post:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign-discussions/publish-online-extremely-slow-indesign-17-4/m-p/...

Regards,
Uwe Laubender
( Adobe Community Expert )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Oct 04, 2022 Oct 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Join the growing crowd - I’m 42 days in now, waiting for adobe to do
something. They make strategic changes to software without telling anyone,
then us guys paying for it have to try and work it out!!!!

Nigel_LTA

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

The recent internal changes caused this disruption.

The fix has been identified, and the deployment of the fix is planned tonight IST. 

Thanks,

Vidya

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 01, 2020 Jun 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi - I've created a interactive map and published it on my website. Unfortualtly when I load the page, the map takes 10-20 secondes to load up. In the Advanced settins i have optimised it to 72pp , Medium Resolution. The images are quite small but, it does have a total of 13 object states...  

Is there another way to optimise the file, reduce its size and reduce the loading time? 

The map: 

https://www.jspary.com/world-map

Thanks 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Loads fine here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Loads quickly here too!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Jun 03, 2020 Jun 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your map image is a PNG file dimensionated at 4270 by 1990 pixels. That is rather oversized, and performance will suffer depending on the hardware used to view the site.

Download the map image, and scale it down by 50%. It will still be quite large, and suffice for retina screens, yet be four times less resource-hungry.

I also noticed the PNG file is saved as a full colour 24bit one, which is completely unnecessary, since the map uses only 2 colours + anti-aliasing. Use a good image optimizer tool (such as Color Quantizer) to reduce to an 8 colours indexed PNG file after scaling it down by 50%.

Then replace the old version with a new version online. If you do not have access to the online version, replace it in InDesign, and set the export options to leave it unchanged when exporting.

I tested this, and the file size was reduced from 628kb to a nice 43kb without visual loss of quality.

Another candidate for optimization is the animated globe: it comes in at a hefty 8.83mb! With a quick round-trip to ezgif.com the globe's file size is reduced to less than half: 3.43mb (again without loss of visual quality).

Merely optimizing these two graphics results in a 9mb lighter initial download.

InDesign is rather bad at image optimization, unfortunately.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 13, 2020 Jun 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, 

I hope your issue has been resolved. But if the issue still persists, please let us know so that we can assist you.

If any of the above-mentioned solutions have worked for you, kindly mark the answer correct. 

Regards,

Sheena

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I'm experiencing the same exact issue across all my online pubblication in the dashboard. They all worked fine but now everything has been increadibly slow at loading for the past few days.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sheena,

I've had the slow loading problem for over 40 days now, my documents are all highly-optimised, and used to load pretty much instantly.  Now, really slow, is damaging my business to be honest.

Is anything being done about this Publish Online slow loading issue?

Nigey-LTA

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Hello,

I'm experiencing the same issue for all my online publications. It appeared recently, I would say a few days and don't know why. They all worked fine but now everything has been increadibly slow at loading for the past few days. It's really embarrassing because my clients can't see my documents properly...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Know the feeling, it’s soul-destroying. I’ve spent14 months now building a
master template for a destination app which has gone down really well with
community, so this is unwelcome. Just keep nagging Adobe is my advice,
until resolved

Nigey LTA

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, don’t understand how you got this to embed without the bottom
Adobe nav bar appearing?

Nigey LTA

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Massive issues here.

Whats the latest?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We're so sorry for the delay. The engineering team has identified the issue and working on deploying the fix. I'll update the discussion as soon it gets deployed.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great, sorry to say this again, but really critical for my business

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As Nige says, this is critical and a speedy solution is greatly appreciated please.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looking for update... I have time crunch and that last update was 5 hrs ago

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Frances,
Just had a long conversation with Rahnl from adobe support, he told me that
adobe engineers have implemented a fix, and that I should give it 24 hours.
I did query this, and tried both uploading, and opening existing documents,
but still slow. He said it may be that caches have to be cleared - I asked
if this was CDNs, he said yes, but wasn’t emphatic leading me to believe
that this may not happen. I also mentioned the lack of ability to save PO
document to iOS home screen also still not sorted. My general feeling is
that Adobe play with changes to the platform, and us paying people have to
suffer the consequences through their support. Really, really sick of
talking to Adobe support. They issue a ticket, then close it the next
minute, knowing full well the issue isn’t resolved - it’s like a futile
game.
Is it worth suggesting to all you suffering guys out there that we all
write a PAPER letter to Adobe’s CEO to explain our exasperation. I’ve
personally, been a paying Adobe client since 1995. Do they really want to
hack us off to the extent that we drop Adobe altogether? Had a
conversation with someone I know here in the UK (confidentially of course)
who whispered in my ear that an Affinity Publish Online type product is in
the pipeline. Adobe - you’ve been warned

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is anyone else having issues with Online Publication? I am trying to publish a fairly simple layout and am just getting a continuous loading icon when I click on View Document. I have restarted InDesign and my computer, still the same. Helllppppp. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just tested and Publish Online is working for me. It was a 2-spread file and it previewed quickly.

Can you provide some more information about your setup: Please tell us what operating system (exactly) you're running. Please tell us (exactly) what InDesign version you're using.

Could you try another file; maybe there was an issue with that file (corruption?)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am working on a MacOS Big Sur, Macbook Pro version 11.7 from 2019. And my InDesign is the latest version, 17.4. I did try exporting other documents and was having the same issues. I build commercial pitch decks so it is a combination of words and images and a few gifs. But I literally do this every day for work and have never had the Publish Online feature do this. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also had my coworker attempt to export the same file from their machine and they had the same issue. I built the file from the very beginning on my machine, so I am not sure how it could have become corrupted. Thank you for responding by the way, I appreciate it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And you've tried normal InDesign troubleshooting like rebooting your computer, or restoring your InDesign preferences?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have, yes. I tried to publish online again just now, and it finally started to load after having the load icon for about ten minutes however about half of the images and text are coming through as if they are unlinked, which they arent. Very stumped. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines