• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Only InDesign files will not sync with my cloud storage. All other file types ok.

Community Beginner ,
Jan 06, 2021 Jan 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Weird problem — My InDesign files on my home mac will not sync to my Adobe cloud storage. All other file types sync ok (eg: pdf jpg psd). Only the InDesign files are missing. So when I go into work to continue working on a file, I can see the PDF that I made from the InDesign file I just cannot see the .indd file itself! Weirdorama. Yes I have checked the log in credentials and re-installed the desktop app on my home mac. The error alert on my home desktop's Adobe CC icon says 'File suncing error. Some files failed to sync'. Any ideas hive mind please.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 07, 2021 Jan 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Elizabeth,

Sorry to hear about this. There can be multiple reasons for this to happen. Please try steps suggested on this help article(https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/kb/arent-my-files-syncing.html) & let us know if the steps suggested here work for you.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 17, 2021 Jan 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I previously accessed and read that help page you suggested in your reply.

Syncing works for ALL files EXCEPT those with the indesign suffix (.indd)

It is only InDesign files that do not upload.

This issue is not solved.

:o(

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 15, 2021 Oct 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. My  Indesign files are on my desktop Mac at home but not on the windows laptop at work. The pdf versions I saved of those files are. 

My Indesign files are not online either in any of those locations. 

The solutions here have nothing to do with the problem. Many times they don't have the capacity to u derstand the question and sctualky read it. They act like it's random files when you clearly said it is only ADOBE InDesign files that can't be seen. 

they didn't answer because they can't even understand the question. There isn't a capacity within them to comprehend it. 

If you find out let me know. You can contact me through my website AmazingFacePainting.art

Jo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 15, 2021 Oct 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about your experience. Thanks for raising this concern with us. We understand how important it is to you to get this issue addressed. I'd be happy to look into this for you. I would request you to visit this website (https://assets.adobe.com/files) and try uploading your InDesign file manually. If it doesn't upload and show any error, please share the screenshot of it. If it does get uploaded, please check if it is syncing on your local machine in the Creative Cloud folder or not.

We'll be looking forward to your response.

Thanks & Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines