• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Only partially printing document

New Here ,
Apr 16, 2020 Apr 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a large format printer (24") and am trying to print a narrow, but long document in portrait mode. I have the custom poster setting set to 6.5" X 46". For some reason, the printer starts printing 10.5" from the bottom and will then print to the end and cut. The original document was created in inDesign, but I have also tried it in Illustrator, and exported to PDF and JPG. The document will not print correctly in any format. Is there a printer setting that I am missing?

This is the whole document area (6.5" X 46"):

This is the only area that prints (6.5" X 10.5"):

Screen Shot 2020-04-16 at 10.15.14 AM.png

These are my current printer settings:

Screen Shot 2020-04-16 at 10.26.18 AM.pngScreen Shot 2020-04-16 at 10.25.53 AM.pngScreen Shot 2020-04-16 at 10.25.46 AM.png

TOPICS
How to , Import and export , Print

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Apr 20, 2020 Apr 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You might try exporting out of InDesign to a tiff or psd file, flattened, and try that.  Check your printer manual for suggested resolution, 200dpi may be more than enough.  Sometimes (rare) I have to do that with files that have transparency, the printer software seems to have an issue. Or alternatively, print a pdf of it "as image" from Acrobat.  Or make a flattened pdf (Acrobat 4 compatibility). I see you have already tried a jpeg, if transparency is an issue that should have worked...Did you look at the jpeg first, make sure it exported OK????? Not trying to be insulting, we all get in a hurry sometimes, and assume things worked right.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 20, 2020 Apr 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Export the original InDesign document to PDF/X-4 and try printing from that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines