Possible? How?

In terrible fix without ID 5.0.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 05, 2021 May 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you want to run InDesign CS5 you would need to get an old Mac with an earlier OS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To expand on Derek's answer a bit, if you can find disks for the old OS (and I'm a windows guy, so I don't know what OS version you'd need, and 5.0 is CS3, so you need to be clear about which version of ID you mean), you could conceivably install using a virual machine like VMware or Oracle VirtualBox on your current Mac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AFAIK, the activation servers for CS4 and earlier have been retired. I don't think there's any way to activate them anymore.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Bob,

There was a no-activation download for CS3 that was available to licensed users. Probably hard to get now, but maybe someone has a Mac version archived. I may have the Windows version stashed away.

And I just read a long thread from 2019/2020 that was about CS5.5 being unable to activate, so that may be a problem, too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines